Mahindra Introduces DiGiSENSE in Arjun Novo Tractor
Chandigarh: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M Ltd.), a part of the US $17.8 billion Mahindra Group, has introduced DiGiSENSE, a revolutionary connected vehicle technology solution in its leading tractor brand, Arjun Novo.
This will enhance productivity of the farmers using Arjun Novo and will also provide them with a new ownership experience. DiGiSENSE technology will be available in the 57HP – 605DI-i Arjun Novo.
Mahindra, thus, becomes the first OEM in India to offer a cloud-based technology platform in the tractor category. DiGiSENSE will empower tractor owners to access vital information about their tractors remotely, on a real time basis. This technology will benefit farmers significantly to improve their efficiency and productivity, enhancing their earning potential.
"Today the need to stay connected is a basic necessity for farmers who need to monitor their tractors and improve productivity. With the introduction of DiGiSENSE, we have become the first Indian OEM to introduce a connected vehicle technology in our leading tractor – the Arjun Novo, for the convenience of our customers. I am confident that this will further revolutionize the way our farmers will interact with their Mahindra tractors, leading to higher productivity and prosperity,” Ravindra Shahane, Vice President - Marketing, Farm Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
Digitization is emerging as a key differentiator to increase productivity and the connected vehicles technology is one such manifestation. DiGiSENSE is the first of its kind technology platform which is multi-application and multi-product enabled which developed by Mahindra.
This unique technology connects the owner to his tractor and enables him to control its usage and prevent misuse. It is a smart application that will empower customers to digitally build knowledge 24X7 about the performance and location of their tractors. Farmers can now avail of live tractor tracking, while remote diagnostics and reports will enable them to monitor the tractor’s health and productivity parameters.
Key Features of DiGiSENSE applicable for Arjun Novo:
DiGiSENSE is a technology platform enabled by a Telematics device installed in the Arjun Novo tractor. Data is sent from the device to the Mahindra server via mobile network. The same data is processed and sent back to the customer on his mobile app and web-application on laptop/computer in real time, thereby allowing the customer to access important information and benefit from it. The DiGiSENSE technology will enable the following:
- Geo fencing & live tractor tracking: Farmers can now secure their tractors in the area defined by them on Google maps. The Farmer will receive an alert when the tractor drives out of the fenced area and he will also receive an alert when the tractor drives inside the fenced area. This is similar to having a virtual tractor lock.
- Alerts: These are SMS notifications about critical parameters of tractors which allows customers to monitor and take corrective actions in situations such as Low fuel alert, Battery not charging, Clutch override, High engine temperature, Air filter clog and High Engine rpm alert
- Reports: This allows customers to access online and real time reports through the website on their laptop/computer about the usage of engine rpm on an hourly basis as well as other vital information on the vehicle usage and alerts.
Mahindra Introduces era of 24x7 Connected Telematics Technology in Tractors,
• First OEM in India to offer a cloud-based technology platform for tractors
• Set to improve efficiency and productivity of farmers, thereby enhancing the experience of tractor ownership & earning potential
• Benefits include live tractor tracking, alerts and online real time reports